I am inviting you to read this post and ponder on the concepts of a different education for the children of humanity. Chapter 10 in the book Holistic Wellness In The NewAge entitled “Holistic Education ” is written by Neha Patel.
Neha Patel believes that to sow the seeds of positive emotional health in childhood is to reap a harvest of healthy well-balanced adults. With this vision in mind, she created the Little Buddha program for children, which focuses on the psychological, spiritual and emotional enhancement of the child. At a global level she has co-founded the Reform Education for a New World (RENEW) program in order to provide a complete and holistic education system for the children. She is a trainer, counselor and psychologist and the Founder of Sharnam Therapy and Healing Centre for psychological, emotional, spiritual and occupational wellness. She is a trained Arts Based Therapy (ABT) Practitioner. She is a certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, and has trained in Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Play Therapy, Transactional Analysis (TA), Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), Skills for Adolescents (SFA) and many other techniques and modalities.
Neha Patel created the Little Buddha Program for children. She says:
“How would it be if children are given a chance to live a holistic and balanced life, facing the dramas and traumas of the world and yet completely at peace within?
We invite your children for the ‘Little Buddha’ Program to maximize their potential, be empowered, and to live their lives with awareness, harmony, balance and integrity. Our program aims at the emotional, psychological and spiritual well-being of the child.
Children will experimentally learn, with a lot of fun, to:
- Understand, express and manage emotions effectively,
- Break out of limiting ideas, beliefs, thoughts and feelings
- Make conscious choices
- Enhance their self – confidence and self-worth and appreciate their uniqueness
- Weave gratitude, trust, humility, compassion, honesty and respect into the fabric of their life
- Build their frustration tolerance and become resilient
- Develop social skills, responsibility and co-operation and a lot more …with the help of many well researched, innovative and creative techniques
- Teaches children mindfulness techniques, which help them become aware and conscious of themselves and their surroundings and increases their focusing skills
- Encourages children to be non-judgmental of others
- Helps them see others perspectives and points of view
- Encourages assertiveness, empathizing with others and team work
- Teaches them to be self-reliant, responsible and taking initiative for self-growth
- Aims to improve their concentration skills, along with improving memory
So while having a lot of fun, in an easy-going, playful, creative way the children learn innovative concepts and skills for personal growth and to become responsible members of society. They are allowed to express themselves and they feel totally accepted just the way they are.
Through different techniques, activities and sessions coupled with their inner understanding and intelligence the child incorporates all they experience in the program in their way of being.
It is important to note that this is a purely non-religious program. The idea is to inculcate balance while simultaneously living your life in the present day world.”
Would you like your child to learn all that?
How about if all the children of the world were educated in programs like the Little Buddha Program?