Yes, you do!
Cell Injury occurs all the time in your body, in mine and in everybody else’s.
I found a great article, “Pulsed electromagnetic fields (PEMFs) for cell injury and repair: how PEMFs promote longevity and reduce the rate of aging” entitled written by Yelena Pukhovitskaya.
Here’s an excerpt about cell injury and aging:
“At the cellular level, aging is a process of declining capacity for and effectiveness of repair of cell injury. With aging there is cumulative, unrepaired or poorly repaired natural or unnatural cell injury. This is “death by a 1000 cuts.” Cell injury results when:
- cells can no longer adapt to stress,
- have unrecoverable exposure to damaging agents or
- suffer from intrinsic abnormalities, whether genetic or nutrient-based
Cell injury can progress from milder reversible states through more severe irreversible conditions leading to tissue and or organ failure of varying degrees, and finally senescent apoptotic or necrotic cell death.
Promoting longevity requires intervention of the underlying causal conditions of cell injury where possible and facilitating cell recovery and repair at the earliest stages of cell injury.
In the stages of reversible injury there is
- reduced oxidative phosphorylation with depletion of ATP,
- cellular edema caused by changes in ion and water flows,
- mitochondrial and cytoskeleton alterations and DNA damage.”
So how can we help our cells?