What happens when the distance between where you are right now and where you want to be seems so big that you don’t even believe it is possible to achieve your dreams?
Most people give up on their dreams because they seem unattainable. Their dreams seem to be impossible to reach because they don’t know about the magic stepladder.
Do YOU know that there is a magic stepladder?
There is and this is how you use it, one dream at a time:
- Take a piece of paper and draw a diagonal line in the middle of it
- At the lower, left end of the line write “Now” and define where you are right now
- At the higher, right end of the line write “My Dream” and write down what that is
- And then start working your way backwards: what would your life look like right before you achieve your goal; what would need to be in place in order to be in that moment, just days or weeks before your dream comes true. Write what that looks like, on the diagonal line, lower than your dream.
- Then, define the moment before the last one and where you would need to be to ensure the following steps; write is down too.
- Keep deconstructing and going backwards until you reach the present day
- Now imagine every thing you wrote down as being a step
- Voila! You now know exactly what your next step needs to be in order to achieve what you dream of. You have a plan, broken down in smaller pieces, that can be broken in smaller pieces still, if you need to.
- Take that first step and you are on your way.
It might take a couple of hours or maybe more to create your stepladder, but once you have it, all you need to do is take one step, and then another, and then another. And don’t stop until you create what you want.
If you need help with some steps, ask for it.
Don’t be shy: this is your dream we are talking about!